Boundary Channel sidewalk Pedestrian
to and across the I-395 northbound bridge where it crosses
the George Washington Memorial Parkway
The information below is OBE. The sidewalk across
the GW Parkway has been cut out to make way for an extended
vehicle acceleration ramp
Above is the map of a little known concrete sidewalk that
connects Old Jeff Davis Hwy, north of Crystal City to a point close to the
Mount Vernon Trail. It starts at the north sidewalk at the beginning
of the Boundary Channel Drive then after going under I-395
loops north to the first tunnel. After going through a second
tunnel the sidewalk crosses the I-395 northbound bridge and
ends. At that point it is a short walk down (on grass) to the Mt
To visualize the overpass over the GWMP
Picture biking north from Gravelly Point on
the MV Trail.
- go under the CSX bridge, then
- under the Metrorail bridge
- you are now approaching the north bound 14th St
- before going under the bridge you leave the trail and
go up the grass bank of the bridge.
- as you approach the top of the bridge (on the grass -
no trail) you will cross the north bound GWMP ramp to the north bound 14
St bridge lanes across the river.
- at the top of the bridge you will see the protected
pedestrian lane across the GWMP.