** THIS IS NOT
AN OFFICIAL FAIRFAX COUNTY WEB SITE **
NEW PHONE SERVICES AND THEIR FEATURES
CLASS SUPPORT PAGE
- BASIC PHONE TECHNOLOGIES FEATURES
POTS - Plain Old Telephone Service provided dial-tone and 911
VOIP – Voice over IP [Internet]
SKYPE - Voice and Video via a PC on the Internet
CELL - CDMA [Analog vs. Digital] or GSM
- Extra phone number(s) - Allows you to give out different dial in numbers
- Distinctive Rings - Ring patterns can be assigned to additional phone number if you have them
- Emailed Voice Message - Hear and save phone message on your computer.
- 3-Way Calling - Connect two other parties onto the same call
- 7 Digit Dialing - Just dial the last 7 digits of the number, no area code needed.
- Call Forwarding - Forwarded to where you are - to your cell phone, work or friend's house
- Caller ID with Name - view the name and number of incoming calls on your handsets.
- Call Logs - Track your incoming, outgoing, and missed calls.
- Call Return - Automatically redial the telephone number of the last incoming call
- Call Waiting - Accept an incoming phone call while you are already on the phone by putting the first call on hold while you answer the second call.
- Call Waiting ID - Signals another incoming call with the name and number of the person calling.
- Click to Call - Click on any number in your contact list and it will dialed automatically
- Contacts - Online address book with names and numbers. store, find, sort your contacts by category, and operate Click to Call.
- Do Not Disturb - Calls go direct to Voicemail or an announcement that you are currently not accepting calls.
- Find Me - Call will move from one number to the next, until either you pick up or the call terminates in voice mail.
- Multi-number Ring - Rings different numbers at the same time - Advanced version of Find Me
- Speed Dial - Call by simply pressing two numbers
- Record Conversation
- Call indicator light
ADDITIONAL POINTS OF INTEREST
- Adapter connects cell phone to house phone wiring
- Install fiber for voice, Verizon cuts copper, won't restore
- VoIP allows phone numbers to be anywhere
- VoIP can take system with
- UPS for backup power
- Cox voice service -- not VoIP
- 911 service
- FAX via Internet
- Lifeline phone service
- Cheap calling via Costco calling cards, set speed dial to (800) number
and pin or register home numbers
- Data over cellphone
- Cellular service as only phone